Serving cheese on cheese boards, cheese plates and cheese platters are some of the best ways to enjoy and serve to your guests. Janssens Market can help you to create stunning cheese platters in a matter of minutes. Ask in the deli section for ideas for cheese assortments as well as what to serve with your selection.
Di Stefano Burrata alla panna
The family owned Di Stefano dairy is based in southern California and is dedicated to only making one extraordinary product. This Burrata is made with extreme care, passion, and dedication. This sweet fresh cheese resembles nothing more than a ball of mozzarella with a top knot, but once cut open the soft creamy center runs along the plate.Fruits: Pear, melon, fig, avocado Herbs: Basil, arugula, chives Vegetables: Tomatoes, green beans, butternut, radicchio, beet
Accompaniments: Caviar, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, crystallized ginger, almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, crusty Italian breads, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper
Meats: Prosciutto, pancetta, bacon, salami
Wines: Moscato, Sancerre or Beaujolais, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc
A little more specific: Jermann, Vintage Tunini 2004, Cartizze Prosecco from Ruggeri, Mauro Molino 2004 Barbera d’Alba,
2003 Rosso Piceno from Tavignano, Bellavista Franciacorta CuvÈe Brut
• Add to fresh tomato & basil for a twist on the classic Caprese Spread on a sandwich or wrap
• Serve with crusty bread, salt & olive oil or atop crostini as an appetizer
• Toss with cooked pasta, fresh tomato, basil, olive oil, salt & cracked black pepper
• Use as a pizza topping
• Spread chopped Di Stefano burrata onto crusty Italian bread, top with salt and freshly ground black pepper and a generous splash of Italian extra virgin olive oil. You could also add tomato & fresh basil or arugula & prosciutto.
• Top any vegetable pasta with chopped Di Stefano burrata, salt, fresh cracked black pepper and a drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil.
• Top a bed of arugula with Di Stefano chopped burrata, prosciutto, melon and fig OR add chopped Di Stefano burrata atop a bed of fresh baby spinach with avocado, crispy bacon, croutons and roasted sliced baby beets. Toss with salt, freshly cracked black pepper, great extra virgin olive oil.
• Top any sweet wafer biscuit with chopped Di Stefano burrata, orange marmalade, chopped crystallized ginger and orange zest OR top Di Stefano burrata with caramelized banana in a flambéed caramel sauce as a dessert idea
• Top crostini with chopped Di Stefano burrata and any of the following combinations on top:
Arugula, red onion confitte & chives
Prosciutto & pear/fig/melon
Avocado, smoked salmon & caviar
Caramelized cherry tomato & crispy pancetta
source: Di Stefano Burrata alla panna