Summertime is here! The fact is that over half of us grill two or three times a week throughout the summer months. Grilling is fun and – most of us agree – just about everything tastes better hot off the grill. Let us put together a custom gift basket for Dad this year – full of all his favorite grilling spices, rubs and more.
Join us for our Grill Fest on Saturday, June 16! Try some new marinades, rubs and sauces for Dad’s special day!
Recipe: – Grilled Sirlion Steak
The bold combination of soy sauce, balsamic, and maple syrup works its magic on the meat quickly, so it only needs to marinate for as long as it takes to get your grill fired up. Come summer, it’s a natural with a tomato salad and corn on the cob.
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 pounds sirloin flap steaks
Blend soy sauce, vinegar, syrup, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a blender until smooth. Toss steaks with mixture. Marinate at room temperature about 15 minutes.
Prepare a grill for direct-heat cooking over hot charcoal (high heat for gas); see grilling procedure.
Discard marinade and pat steaks dry. Oil grill rack, then grill steaks, covered only if using a gas grill, turning occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes total for medium-rare. Let rest on a plate, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cooks’ notes:*Steaks can be marinated up to 8 hours.
Janssen’s offers more than most meat departments. If you’re looking for something that we don’t have, just ask and we’ll work with you to find it. Our experienced staff can assist you in choosing the best cuts and suggest serving quantities to meet your needs. We carry only the highest quality meats and seafood and are full-service – everything is hand-trimmed, cut or ground to order and comes fully prepared so it’s ready for the grill, oven or pot! Choose from our fine selection of prime meats, our all-natural organic meat and poultry, and the finest selection of fresh seafood from around the world.
Hosting a special event or holiday gathering? Offer your guests something special from organic turkeys, pheasant, capon and goose to hand-trimmed beef filets and rib roasts, crown roasts of pork or lamb, sliced hams, venison, and more!
- Keep it cool. Aim to store it below 41˚F.
- Pull your steaks out of the fridge about 20 minutes prior to cooking to bring them to room temp.
- Pat dry with paper towels before cooking to prevent moisture from coming between the meat and the surface of the pan or grill.
- Flip your steak only once-with tongs!
- Steaks cut 1¼ inches thick grill best over medium-low coals (325˚F surface temp).
- Steaks cut 1½-2 inches thick grill best when seared and finished by indirect heat in a closed grill.
- Cook your steaks to medium-rare. Pull steaks from the grill at 140˚F internal temperature; let rest five minutes before serving.